[ltp] Re: OS freeze on high network usage

Joshua Gerth linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 5 Jul 2000 11:20:02 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Thomas,

> I had a similar problem with the first PCMCIA modem
> I tried in my ThinkPad 600.  I got a different PCMCIA
> modem (a Xircom) and the problem went away.

I have tried 4 different networking cards (two of them being Xircom) and
have had the same problem with each of them.  I am installing Win98 now to
see if the problem is a linux or hardware issue.  If its a linux issue I
am going to try the test downloading a 300 + meg file via the built in
modem.  Hopefully that will tell me if its a pcmcia thing, or kernel
issue.

Thanks for responding,
	Joshua