[ltp] Any reason for a DOS/Windoze partition?

Michael Selway linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 3 Jul 2000 08:47:02 +0100

Jason,

When I finally realized I never booted ms-windows, I saved myself
a gigabyte of disc space and made a simple ms-dos partition.  It
has ms-dos, the thinkpad configuration program PS2, and the
hibernation file.  The hibernation file is by far the biggest
thing there.

I believe you can have a partition which is solely for
hibernation: there is a partition-type number assigned for IBM
Hibernation File.  I've not tried this though.

Michael.

(btw, I have a tp600E, although I suspect the principles are the
same for your tp240)