[ltp] Re: OS freeze on high network usage

Joshua Gerth linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 5 Jul 2000 10:49:27 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Andreas,

> We have 4 brand new 600X, each with a Xircom CEM56 Ethernet/Modem
> PCMCIA card. With 1.5 of these notebooks, I have observed exactly the
> same effects (The .5 stands for the one, for which the problem occurs
> very seldom). I have observed that the systems also freeze if I copy a
> large file per NFS.

... I am glad its not just me.  Did you ever find a solution for this?

> It is neither a problem of the main memory (systems have up to 578 MB)
> nor of free space on the hard drive (serveral gigs of free space). It
> seems to be a problem of linux or of the pcmcia package because using
> ftp or NFS copy under windows 98SE works perfectly on all machines.

... groan, thats unfortunate.  I am installing Win98 now in the hopes it
still fails so our tech support team can replace it.

Thanks for the feedback.

Joshua