[ltp] Re: Are 390E good machines?

Arcady Genkin linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
06 Jul 2000 17:39:44 -0400

"Mark Thayer" <mthayer@erols.com> writes:

> > Anyone got any good/bad experiences with 390E?  Thanks for any input!
>
> The machine travels well.  It's a bit on the heavy side, but seems to be
> more rugged than similar Dell/Gateway options.  Only real complaints:
> a) the battery no longer holds a charge for anything more than 30 minutes,
> when it decides to hold a charge at all, and

That doesn't sound good.  The specs promise 3.5 hrs of battery life.
After what time did it stop holding charge?

> b) the 3.0 gig hard drive is
> rapidly becoming a limitation; upgrading will be expensive.

The one I'm looking in comes with a 6.4 gig.  Must be a newer version.

> A good, rugged, reliable machine for whatever OS suits you.  YMMV.

I am not concerned with weight, but I want a larger screen +
affordable price.  I wonder if your situation with the battery is
abnormality or a deficiency of this model, because I definitely want
it to last longer than 30 minutes...
--
Arcady Genkin
Thanks God I'm still an atheist! -- Luis Bunuel