[ltp] installing Red Hat on a thinkpad 770Z

MichaelN linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 4 May 2000 07:35:39 -0400

Hello All,
   I'm new to this list and to Linux so pardon my ignorance. I'm installing Red Hat 6.2 on a ThinkPad 770z. I have been using some excellent documentation found at www.anarchysoftware.com to help a windows oriented person through the install. My problem is that after performing a (successful) custom install I don't know how to stop X from starting. Since the XF86Config file must be edited to get X to function properly I end up with a non-viewable screen and have to power of the system. Should I be doing a different type of install? I understand that I need to install the X software but then I be able to edit the XF86Config before starting X.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Andrew