FW: [ltp] Thinkpad i Series 1200 model 71U

Christian Schneider linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 10:09:13 +0100 (MET)

On Tue, 28 Nov 2000, Bruce Cowan wrote:

> SMI support claims that they have given a driver XFree86, but as I said
> below, XFree86 claims no support for 4.0. What is the real situation?
>
> Bruce

Hi there,

I have an i1200 61 (or 67 or else) with SMI chipset. I couldn't get the
graphics to work with Debian (I used the driver shipped with XFree 3.3.6
not the one from Silicon Motion's website which is marked beta and seems
to be older). It worked when I rebooted from Win98 otherwise severe
drawing errors occurred; unfortunately there's no documentation as to
parametres for the driver available. It works fine using Kernel 2.2
and the framebuffer device. Though that solution is in terms of speed
clearly suboptimal.

Regards,

Christian

--