[ltp] Re: New Model Thinkpads??

Billy Harvey linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 22:39:49 -0400 (EDT)

 > > The worst complaint I have is that the OpenGL runs very slowly.
 >
 > If that's the case, you aren't using hardware support.  (Which
 > requires, among other things, the r128 kernel module and a kernel with
 > the DRM: either 2.4 or 2.2 with a backport.  Either 2.2.17 or the
 > 2.2.18pres have it.)
 >
 > When I played with hardware support, things were quite zippy.  I'm not
 > using it now, though, because of the aforementioned flickering.
 >
 > --
 > Alan Shutko <ats@acm.org> - In a variety of flavors!

The appropriate section of my 2.4.0-test8 (test9 bombed in compilation
for me) kernel config is:

CONFIG_DRM=y
# CONFIG_DRM_TDFX is not set
# CONFIG_DRM_GAMMA is not set
CONFIG_DRM_R128=y
# CONFIG_DRM_I810 is not set
# CONFIG_DRM_MGA is not set

and

CONFIG_AGP=y
CONFIG_AGP_INTEL=y
CONFIG_AGP_I810=y
# CONFIG_AGP_VIA is not set
# CONFIG_AGP_AMD is not set
# CONFIG_AGP_SIS is not set
# CONFIG_AGP_ALI is not set

Is there an invocation sequence necessary to get things going, or if
the if the fb starts are things good to go?

Billy