[ltp] [slightly OT] File system compatibility : W2k-Linux

James Hawtin linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 22:26:35 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 23 Apr 2001, Robert Hollis wrote:

> At home I run a triple boot of W98SE, W2K and RH7.1.  MS operating systems
> reside on FAT32 (vfat) and are accessable from Linux.  I'm working on
> trying to play DVD's from Linux but have been limited by other factors
> (primarily time).

This ibm linux dvd thing? I assume is for newer models only? It as a
kernel object... which kernel version is it limited to? and anyone know
where you can get it? Only pre-installed calerdra systems?

Anyone else find it odd that win xp has a signed mwave driver already when
it took 3 years to do a linux one! by rather reasoning I should get dvd
support in about well the day the machine falls to bits ;-)

I tried xine, but playback was just not fun....

James