[ltp] [slightly OT] File system compatibility : W2k-Linux

Brendan Byrne linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 26 Apr 2001 12:07:01 +1000

Just because I don't think I saw anyone mention;

> and I'd like
> to have a "Data" partition accessible through both OS.
> Is FAT compatible with W2k and Linux ? Is there any other compatible File
> System ?

A 'Data' partion of Fat32 will work just fine.
There is lots of good help for how to do this in the HOW-TO's and the man
pages.
There are other options, I have heard that some user read-only NTFS from
Linux and I have also heard there is an aplication you can get for Windows
to read some unix filesystems, but I don't know what the application is...

Cheers,
Brendan