[ltp] error 8613 8611 on ThinkPad600E

Douglas Bridges linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 02 Aug 2001 14:24:08

The 8611 error on thinkpads means the Trackpoint is broken. The only fix is
the replacement of the keyboard. IBM had a problem with a rash of these
errors with the 360/750/755 models and they even admitted it was a problem
(meaning they would fix it even after the warranty was expired). They fixed
the problem before any of the 760 and later models were released.