[ltp] A21m: ALSA conflicts with gnome-session

Michael James linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sun, 19 Aug 2001 01:27:09 -0500 (CDT)

Hi all

I have the ALSA drivers working fine for my a21m with a Cirrus Logic
CS4610 sound card.  They can be loaded manually, but when I try to load
them automatically at startup, some interesting things happen.

When I add the following to /etc/rc.d/rc.modules, I can play mp3 files at
a terminal outside X (via mpg123 filename), but once I start gnome-session
or kde the sound will no longer work.

/sbin/modprobe snd-card-cs461x
/usr/sbin/alsactl restore
/sbin/modprobe snd-mixer-oss
/sbin/modprobe snd-pcm1-oss

FYI I run Slackware 8.0, and have the following in /etc/modules.conf:

alias char-major-116 snd
alias char-major-14 soundcore
alias snd-card-0 snd-card-cs461x
alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0
alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss

Thanks if anyone can help.

Michael

 Michael R. James
 Oklahoma Climatological Survey - Mesonet Operator

   [WWW]:  http://weather.ou.edu/~mjames
 [PHONE]:  (405) 325-3231
 [EMAIL]:  mjames@weather.ou.edu