[ltp] Hi, First Post :-)

Markus Alt linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 30 Aug 2001 15:58:51 +0200

Vivek wrote:

> On Fri, 31 Aug 2001, eadz wrote:
>
> > Is it worth making a "thinkpad hybernation" partation?
>
> If you want to hibernate. My tp goes for just under a week when suspended,
> which isn't bad, all things considered, so I don't actually need
> hibernation. Depends on how often and for how long you use your tp w/o a/c
> power, and how long it needs to survive betwwen charges.

You should consider here that partial discharge of your battery while
the machine is in suspend mode and then recharging it afterwards won't
do any good to it with regard to battery lifetime ... If you use
hibernation, the machine is completely "off".

> > and anybody modified their laptop case ? e.g. painted it or made a new
> > case.. ? hehe i was thinking about it yes..
>
> Why? They're already a nice matt black finish... mmmm... black hardware...

Really odd. I've been following this list for quite a while now, but so
far I've seen no one who intended to modify the design of his/her
ThinkPad! :-) Nice idea, but I don't think that IBM as my employer would
like it that much if I chose to paint it, say, pink or bright green ...

Anyway, in case you do, don't forget to post a picture of it!

Markus

--
Markus Alt
IBM Lab Boeblingen, Germany