[ltp] failure with mwave on thinkpad 600

Thomas Hood linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
13 Dec 2001 17:13:48 -0500

On Thu, 2001-12-13 at 16:41, Bernard DEBREIL wrote:
> I have tried fiddling around with the 'PS2' dos utility, enabling and
> disabling the rear serial port... changing IRQs and I/O for the Internal
> modem... but nothing changed, and I always got the same error.

You need to give all the detail of what you did.

Use ps2.exe or setpnp to set the resources of the mwave
device.  mwave.o loaded without parameters should use
those settings.  Then make sure that you have created
the modem device /dev/modems/mwave with major 10 minor 219.
Then start mwavem.  It should start.  Then you should
configure the appropriate /dev/ttySx using the "setserial"
command, e.g., "setserial /dev/ttyS1 autoconfig auto_irq".

Thomas Hood