[ltp] Thinkpad (A20p) S-Video out

Vivek linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sun, 23 Dec 2001 11:56:43 +0000 (GMT)

On Sun, 23 Dec 2001, Michael Selway wrote:

> I found a program called "s3switch" which allows me to ask for tv
> output in ntsc or pal.  Works fine on my T21 with a pretty vanilla

I'll have a look at it, but I doubt I'll glean much that's directly
applicable: the A20p has an ATI r128 M3 chipset.

> My TV has a direct S-Video input, so I didn't have to do any fancy
> cabling.  If anyone gets an S-Video->scart cable working could you
> let me know?

I got a special cable w. my thinkpad that connects the video plug of a
scart -> 3 way phono/video cable to the proprietary (ATI) 7-pin S-video
female socket on the thinkpad. Does your thinkpad have standard 4 pin
S-video sockets, or funky 7-pin ones? If you have 7 pin ones, you'll
need a cable from IBM or (your video card manufacturer). Otherwise you can
buy a standard cable from Maplin, or similar...

--
Sleep, where is thy sting,
Bed, where is thy victory...