[ltp] suspend-resume problem (A20p)

Vivek linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 26 Dec 2001 20:05:28 +0000 (GMT)

My thinkpad has developed a weird problem recently: It won't wake up from a
suspend - it wakes up from hibernation Ok (well, as long as it hasn't been
hibernating for > a couple of hours, but its alwys had that problem). It
suspends Ok, but when I hit the Fn key to bring it back, the CD-ROM drive
kicks back into life for a second, and that's it - the machine is now stuck,
(the little crescent moon suspend light is still on) and only leaning on the
power button for ten seconds, powering on, powering off, and powering on
again will make it reboot. I upgraded to a new kernel (2.4.16) recently,
but even after dropping back to the old kernel (2.4.9) the problem persists.

Anybody have any idea what could be up with it?

--
My mother loved children - she would have given anything if I had been one.
                -- Groucho Marx