[ltp] Help with IrDa on TP 770 series

Adam Benjamin linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sun, 30 Dec 2001 00:47:43 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

I have two questions.  The first is,

a) Can someone explain the relationship between all the pieces in the
   IrDa puzzle?  I read the IrDa FAQ, but I didn't understand enough
   of what everything did to do any meaningful diagnosis of my own.

The second is:

b) Has anyone successfully got a Palm OS device syncing (via IR) to
   either a TP 770E or 770Z?  If so, what did you do to get it going?

On the 770E, I've configured the BIOS to use address 2 (essentially
COM2 settings) and I've configured it to use DMA 3.  I installed
various modules and used various module.conf settings but never even
got a peep out of irdadump.  I feel like I'm close but probably don't
have all the pieces pointing (configured) in the right direction.

On the 770Z the findchip -vd shows the chip as being disabled and in
legacy mode.  Any suggestions for how to fix this?

Thanks for any help you can offer,

Adam Benjamin