[ltp] HD upgrade for 365X

Jim Eberhardt linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 08 Feb 2001 18:32:52 -0600

Hi,

I'm sure this has been addressed in some fashion (I checked the archives to
no avail) but I'll ask anyway. I've got a 365X with a 2.1GB hard drive, and
I'd like to change out to a larger disk (4GB to 6 GB). My concern is with
the BIOS. I run a dual boot with Win95, and would like to expand my Win
partition on the new drive to 2GB with the rest for Linux (currently Slack
7.0, 2.2.13 kernel, but I suppose that doesn't matter).

My question is this: how can I know if the BIOS will fully support the
larger hard drive? Or will I have to play partitioning games either way?
The BIOS is the latest for this machine, version 97H4097 dated 06/04/98.

Thanks for your help,
Jim