[ltp] Problems resuming ThinkPad 600

Thomas Hood linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 00:00:14 +0000 (GMT)

Recently I have had problems resuming my ThinkPad 600.

If I resume soon after a suspend, the machine hangs
hard with the little crescent moon LED flashing.
The power-off switch will not work---the machine
has to be turned off by paperclip.  Often the machine
won't boot after this unless I switch it on-off-on
or else remove the battery.

It looks as if there is some flip-flop getting
set somewhere that is causing the APM BIOS to hang.
The flip-flop is only reset to zero by a prolonged
suspend or powerdown.

This problem has only occurred since I upgraded
to kernel 2.2.18, but I don't know whether that
is the cause.  I'm going to try downgrading to
2.2.17.

Has anyone else seen this problem?

Thomas