mwave-modem surviving apm-suspend was: [ltp] No Sound from Mwave modem

James Mckenzie linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 19:47:23 -0700

> can you clarify a bit?
>
> I do start the modem the following way (not very sophisticated):
> ----- mwave start script ---------
>         /sbin/insmod -f mwavedd uartirq=3
>         /usr/local/bin/mwavem &
>         /sbin/setserial /dev/ttyS1 irq 3 autoconfig
> ----- mwave start script ---------
>
> it works, but after resuming a suspend I can't get the modem working.

Well, I went to Thomas Hood's web site, borrowed the mwavem and mwavemd
scripts.  I still had no 'sound'.  However, I decided to turn up the
volume on my Thinkpad and voila, I do have sound, but at a very low
volume...

James Mckenzie