[ltp] Re: 3com 3c556b mini pci lan + modem on thinkpad x20

Darrell Shively linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 26 Jan 2001 09:33:37 -0800

marco signoretto wrote:

> i have to use it
> >
> > Ah, I think I see the confusion.
> > It's here:
> >
> > ftp://ftp-eng.cisco.com/dash/tpx20_config
> >
> > The trick is, you need to rename it to ".config" and place it in
> > /usr/src/linux (or wherever your kernel sources reside).
> >

> well Darrell, i have followed exactly all your istructions (thanks a lot,
> how i have made it without u?).I use your .config as you suggest and  now
> all works properly but the soundcard, that still doesnt'resume. however you
> apmcontinue makes the change and now the nic resume. i have also changed the
> /etc/sysconfig/apmd but the sounds seem to want to continue sleeping after
> the resume (hugly card!)

Marco:
While I have had some success getting the sound card to resume, doing so
has generally broken suspend & hibernate for me.  I have in fact removed
the sound module alias from /etc/modules.conf.  I just live without
sound.

   Sorry,
	- dash

> regards
> marco

Darrell Shively   Cisco Systems Inc.   It gets late early out
(aka dash)        121 Theory Dr.       there.
dash@cisco.com    Irvine, CA               -- Yogi Berra
                  92612  USA