[ltp] Switch off display automatically?

Tilmann Singer linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 6 Jun 2001 14:50:28 +0200

Hi

> Make sure "DPMS" is enabled in your X server.
> (DPMS is the power save system for monitors)

On my A20p running X 4.0.3 (ATI Rage 128 Mobility LF graphic card) i
see this line in the xfree log:

(WW) R128(0): Option "DPMS" is not used

Although there is an

Option          "DPMS"

line in the Monitor Section of XFree86.conf

Propably as a result xset does not work:

tils@tp:~$ xset dpms force off
X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
  Major opcode of failed request:  137 (DPMS)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  6 (DPMSForceLevel)
  Serial number of failed request:  11

Does anybody know why X is not using the DPMS option?

tia, Til