[ltp] MWAVE on thinkpad 600e

Tue, 26 Jun 2001 17:51:22 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 26 Jun 2001, aquanes wrote:

> Thanks for your help, but I still have a hard time with minicom.
> I set up correctly minicom using minicom -s , and when I do type minicom in my
> console, the modem is initializing which is good, the devide /dev/ttyS1 is
> locked which is good too. But after I do not have any prompt to enter
> 'ATDT###-####'.
Mmmm...  You're not going to get a prompt...  You just need to type into
the console provided...  If your keystrokes don't echo back to you,
something is wrong..  i.e. It's not finding the modem..  Are you at least
getting back an 'OK' message after the modem initialization??

> If I try to dial my ISP phone number using the DIAL Function in the help menu,
> I have the message Modem already connected, hang up fisrt! How is it possible,
> I did not specify any phone number anywhere. The Online timer is in the same
> time  running. I guess I need some help!
I've never used the DIAL function from the menu, so I'm unfamiliar with
how it works...  I'd work on getting 'ATDT' to work...

--

Paul B Schroeder
paulsch@haywired.net