[ltp] TP 600 CPU change?

Dean Hedin linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 4 May 2001 22:15:02 -0400

There was someone selling a 400mhz upgrade on Ebay yesterday.
The seller indicated that he had successfully upgraded his 600e
(apparently he had more than one).

I thought about it, but I determined that there would not be a significant
perfomance increase above the 300 mhz that I am at now. When you think
about it, the bottlenecks are the display and the harddrive.

I am quite satisfied by the performance of RH7.1 on the 600e.
I'd rather put the money into a new laptop when the time comes.