[ltp] [Newbie] : Burning Caldera eDesktop 2.4

Vivek Dasmohapatra linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 10 May 2001 14:23:57 +0100 (BST)

On Thu, 10 May 2001, sylvestre meininger wrote:

> The help file also mentions something about being cautious about Binary Vs
> ASCII formats, but I could not fathom what it meant : I just downloaded what

Assuming you were downloading via ftp [I know not of this 'GetRight'
thing of which you speak, but it is stuDlyCapped and therefore probably
evil] then you want to transfer the files in binary mode, not ascii,
otherwise they'll get mangled.

--
"They're unfriendly, which is fortunate, really.  They'd be difficult
to like."