[ltp] DVD/CD trouble, and my experience with IBM tech support

Dean Hedin linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 21 May 2001 19:15:46 -0400

>     The problem I experienced was that reading large files from a mounted
>     CD would sooner or later run into a wall, the DVD player obtaining data
>     only *very* slowly, and with the drive "grinding" incessantly --
>     bzzt, bzzt, pause, repeat.

Just an FYI,  This is the symtom that I get when the CD is bad/poor quality.
Hoping you can repeat the problem with another/different type of CD.

These laptop CD/DVD units seem to be sensitive.  I've had CDR's that I could
read just fine in my desktop machine and would not read reliably on my 600e.