[ltp] USB Mouse broke after sleep A21m

Tod Harter linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 16:08:57 -0500

Yeah, with my A20p it seems that the Fn-F4, apm -S, and closing the lid do
force a good suspend, though thinking about it I also have 20 min set in
KDE's power control settings, so maybe its just that kicking in. I have
noticed that resuming is not 100% reliable. Sometimes the Fn key will cause a
resume, sometimes you have to use Fn-F4, sometimes just opening the top does
it, and once in a while you have to hit the power button to get it to notice
that it should wake up. A few times I have had it just plain refuse to wake
up at all. Not a giant problem as it is about 95% reliable (and I haven't
experienced windoz being any better in this regard).

I have to agree, hibernate is fairly useless for me and I have never bothered
with it. This machine will go 3 days in suspend on battery. If I wanted to
leave it longer than that I'd just shut it down.