[ltp] Setting up to install RH on a new ThinkPad 600

Robert W March linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sat, 06 Oct 2001 09:43:54 -0400

John Garvin wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 01, 2001 at 01:25:34PM -0700, Mark Atwood wrote:
> >
> > I just bought a refurbed ThinkPad 600 2645-85U.

Mark,

I have RH7.1 running on a TP600E (type 2645-4AU).  The installer made it
through OK.  I had specified a 'laptop' install.  Currently running kernel
2.4.3-12, having installed all the RH errata.

I plugged a MS wheel mouse into the USB port and it works fine, including
the wheel.

>From time to time X freezes up and the power button has to be pressed.
I am getting set to upgrade to XFree86 4.1.0 in the hope that this problem
goes away.  I dunno.

Have not yet started work on trying to get sound working.

A pcmcia ethernet card worked straight away.

The DSP modem is working thanks to Thomas Hood's tpctl and the mwave driver
at IBM.

HTH.

-Robert

--