[ltp] 1st post - Thinkpad A20P

Fri, 14 Sep 2001 09:33:31 -0500

Thursday, August 30, 2001, 8:26:21 AM, Jeff wrote:
> I was planning on installing the latest Red Hat on my A20P - anyone know of
> any good reasons why I should not?

I have not spent any real time comparing Linux distributions. I'm sure
everyone has their favorite. I was very pleased with how easily RH 7.1
installed onto my A21p. I overrode the defaults and refused lm-sensors
(I think that's what it's called.) that folks have reported problems
with on various ThinkPads. Also, I had to manually modify the X Window
configuration for the higher resolution display of the A21p
(1600x1200). (If I recall correctly, that would not be an issue for
the A20p.)

Ron.