[ltp] A20p hibernate/resume X freeze [solved?]

Vivek linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 19:16:26 +0100 (BST)

On Mon, 17 Sep 2001, Tod Harter wrote:

> Maybe more relevantly I find that if I disconnect from the network on my A20p
> and take it home, then it goes into suspend that the eepro driver becomes
> porked. ifconfig then reports "SIOCCTL NO SUCH DEVICE" and its necessary to
> reboot to get it back.

You don't have to reboot it to get it back. rmmod'ing and insmoding the
module does the trick, at least for me. [Although this is a recent thing,
worked Ok for me before 2.4.3, iirc]

--
Reader, suppose you were an idiot.  And suppose you were a member of
Congress.  But I repeat myself.