[ltp] Partially killed my TP: Quick question, hopefully someone has a quick answer...

Michael Selway linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 14:16:42 +0100

Vidyut Luther writes:
 > A possible solution could be Norton Ghost, which will let you make an
 > image of the hard drive and the Linux partition and you can store it
 > elsewhere, like on a network or different computer. The latest version
 > does work with Linux partitions so that might work for you...

I recently came across www.partimage.org which is a Linux
partition saver.  I have no experience with it but it sounds like
it can backup partitions to remote machines.

Incidentally, the thinkpad 600e recovery CD gives you the option
of overwriting the entire disc or just the "C:" partition.
Whether this is true of the A22 recovery...  Do you have a spare
disc you could try it out on?