[ltp] 770E sound

SMichelle linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sat, 24 Aug 2002 09:52:00 -0700

> > I have a newly installed redhat 7.3 on a tp 770E and am having sound
> > trouble.
>
> > When I run sndconfig -- selecting the CS423* driver -- then when
> > sndconfig asks if I hear sound ... I don't.  This is the same no
> > matter what driver I've chosen.  I then tried running aumix, but it
> > says it has an "error opening mixer."
>
> Assuming the 770 uses the same drivers as the 600/385, it sounds like
> you've specified the wrong io or irq or dma parameters for your sound
> card.  This would cause np sound to be heard when running sndconfig
> and would cause your "unable to open mixer".  You can probably find
> out the proper settings using ps2.exe from DOS.

In an earlier thread someone specified I/O: 0X530, IRQ: 5, DMA1: 1,
DMA2: 0, MPU I/O: 0X330, MPU IRQ: 9 for their tp600, so I used those
parameters. I don't have a dos partition ... would the tpctl (not
currently installed) include a utility which would tell me if these are
correct?

Many thanks.

/SMichelle