[ltp] RedHat 7.3 on IBM ThinkPad 600E

JC WOODWARD linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sat, 24 Aug 2002 15:35:46 -0400

Hi Bert,

>Does your sound work?

Like a champ.  I can play a CD at full volume with the Gnome CD player, and
I can play *.wav files at full volume with the Gnome sound recorder, both of
which appear on the gnome desktop application launcher under "multimedia".
Initial volume was very low until I adjusted the sliders on the Gnome audio
mixer which also shows in the multimedia launcher.

>Midi files are badly garbled.

Sorry, I'm a bit new to this, how do you play midi files?  If  you tell me
what you use I'll give it a try.  None of the standard gnome multimedia
programs seem to recognize them.

P.S. maybe you can lend me a hand.  The only thing I don't have working yet
is the modem.  I understand that I need to install the "Lucent Winmodem
Driver" which requires recompiling the kerner or needs to be compiled using
your kernel source.  Can you provide a URL which gives some details?
Thanks.

Regards,

JC