[ltp] no sound under linux on 600e

tmfu linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 08 Dec 2002 18:43:24 -0500

Dan Sawyer wrote:
> Thank you,
>
> I have sound under windows however this did not work.
>
> cat /proc/pci shows a cs4610/11 loaded. What does /etc/pci show on your
> system?
>
> Below is output from /etc/init.d/cs4232 restart. (dmesg shows simular
> info.)

> Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters,
> including invalid IO or IRQ parameters.
>      You may find more information in syslog or the output from dmesg

>> To /etc/modules.conf, add:

These two line below have to match to what your hardware is set to.
If you haven't installed the ThinkPad Utils from IBM get it. When
installing
also have it install the DOS based setup program(PS2.EXE). The either
boot to DOS or
go to a command prompt within WIndows and do: PS2.EXE ? IRQ and PS2.EXE
? AU to see what your
hardware is set to. At that point you can either set the hardware to the
settings below or just edit your modules.conf. Worstcase you can either
re-initialize the system by using the BIOS or just under the power
switch there is the system reset button(it's a little hole adjacent to
the USB port)which you can use an end of a pen to push it in.

--
Greg