[ltp] Thinkpad 760XL, Red Hat 8.0, and XFree86

Mike Barnard linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 24 Dec 2002 12:13:49 -0500

>I know there's now a cute graphical Xconfigurator-like program included
>in "settings" simply called "Display" -- the command is
>/usr/bin/redhat-config-xfree86
>However if you can't get X up it's no good.  I think they simply took
>Xconfigurator out and didn't replace it in the console with anything at
>all.

    Yeah, I found that, and I actually WAS able to use it by setting my
display to one of my desktop machines which runs Linux/X. That's hardly
what I'd call convenient, though. ;-) I just don't understand why Red
Hat would remove such a useful tool.