[ltp] Making an A22p appear inactive?

Adam Benjamin linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sun, 13 Jan 2002 14:45:35 -0500 (EST)

> When the machine enters pretend-to-be-asleep mode, I'm aiming for:
>
> 	*The processor to keep running (perhaps at lower rate?)
> 	*The modem to remain online, if it currently is
> 	*Screen off (this can be done by the screensver)
> 	*HDD spindown (done by hdparm)
> 	*Processor FAN off - how do I do this?

Sounds like you *don't* want to suspend - ie. turn that off.  Then you
can set the other options for your power utilization mode.  The
details of how you do that are different depending on what OSes you
have available to you.

I'm currently running a 770E with RH7.2, with a dos partition in order
to run the PS2.exe in order to configure my bios.

So if I were doing all of the above, I would use the PS2.exe to turn
off anything that would cause the machine to suspend (perhaps
including disabling suspend-on-lid-close) and then I would change my
power utilization mode to low.  That could actually be done while in
linux using tpctl stuff - but the disabling the suspension would have
to be done within DOS using tpctl.  (I don't think tpctl will do that
kind of config within linux - but I could be wrong.)

I hope that helps,

Adam Benjamin