[ltp] Drive Set-up on a TP760ED

JavaNick linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 00:13:58 -0800

Hi All!,
I've been a member of the list for some time but have not posted. I have a
ThinkPad 760ED with 48 meg RAM(upgrading to 80). I'm swapping out hard
drives, and while I'm at it, I want to partition the new 6gb drive for Win98
& Linux. I plan to install a canned version like Suse. Do I need to leave
the first partition open for Linux, I mean the first certain amount of
sectors(I don't know how big). I planned to have a 3.5/2.5 gb partition
setup for Win98 & Linux. Is 2.5 enough for something like Suse? Also does
Suse's latest release cover the drivers for this machine? (their we site is
useless). Is there a RAM compatibility issue as well? and finally, once I've
installed Win98, I should be able to go back and install Linux on the open
partition right? Lastly, my disk does not need to be formatted UFS, or does
it?