[ltp] TP 760XL Video Questions now for another question...

Tod Harter linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 13:38:29 -0500

> Thanks for the help with the video issue.
>
> Why is it that the LINUX installer can mount the cdrom in my 760XL but
> once the install is completed it will not mount?
> I find this to be rather weird behavior. I am running RH 7.2.

Well, installers set up a pretty simplified environment. Generally your
IDE/ATAPI cdrom drives show up as hdb or hdc depending on if they are on the
primary or secondary IDE channel. You should have a symlink from /dev/cdrom
to /dev/hdc0 or /dev/hdb0 and an fstab entry in /etc/fstab something like

/dev/hdc0 /mnt/cdrom auto
user,iocharset=iso8859-1,umask=0,exec,codepage=850,ro,noauto 0 0

You may want to tweak that fstab entry and whatnot for supermount or autofs
or whatever automounting system you use (not sure what Red Hat uses for that)
if you want automounting.