[ltp] t30 experiences? and T23 experience???

Pam Huntley linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 8 Jul 2002 17:30:41 -0400

Hi,

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly.  On a T30, I was able to get
output to both the LCD and the CRT by cycling through the 3 options on
Fn-F7.   Have you tried this?  Or do you want to do it specifically with
software?  Or did I just totally misunderstand?

Pam

Pamela Huntley, IBM PCD Software Development

|---------+-------------------------------->
|         |           "D. Sen"             |
|         |           <dsen@ieee.org>      |
|         |           Sent by:             |
|         |           owner-linux-thinkpad@|
|         |           bm-soft.com          |
|         |                                |
|         |                                |
|         |           07/05/2002 10:02 AM  |
|         |           Please respond to    |
|         |           linux-thinkpad       |
|         |                                |
|---------+-------------------------------->
  |                                                                                                                                             |
  |       To:       linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com                                                                                              |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                                   |
  |       Subject:  Re: [ltp] t30 experiences?  and T23 experience???                                                                           |
  |                                                                                                                                             |
  |                                                                                                                                             |

The T30 with the ATI Radeon chipset at 1400x1050 resolution has the same
problem. A workaround application or BIOS update would be much appreciated.

DS
Norman Levin wrote:
>  Pam, the t23 comes with the S3 Supersavage IX/MX graphic adapter.
> Somehow, under win2k, IBM supplys a great utility (pdisplay) that lets
> you get output on BOTH the lcd and crt.  It also can cut of power saving
> and adjust resolution to make presentations.
>
> Somehow, the dual output is NOT a bios function!!  So, under linux, I can
NOT