[ltp] sound on t23

Norman Levin linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 22:18:49 -0500

Andrzej Wasowski wrote:
>> There is one sound but several channels. Use a mixer program for
>> balancing them.

** Thanks.  I found GMIX and the slider controls were slightly below
max for CD.  Bringing it up 1/16 of an inch made a BIG difference.
This worked on RedHat 72 and 73.
However, on Suse80 - there must be something mis-defined for the cd-rw
drive because while I can mount a data cd and read it, the sound players
such as cdplayer, gcd and kscd do not see an audio cd in the machine.
Keeps saying its empty.
norm

I used both KDE mixer and GNOME mixer. Both work on