[ltp] Thinkpad 600E and Mandrake

Andrew Lee linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 10:10:20 +0100

Ok, I've disabled the Par Port now (as I can just print through my network if
I need to - and I rarely do anyway), so the NIC is using IRQ 7, which leaves
3 and 10 for the modem.

Modem module is loading OK now, then tries to start mwavem
gives
mwave modem, initialising wave manager...OK
mwave modem, initialising modem specific code...ERROR

or if I restart the process it says
Stoppping Mwave modem
Stopping Mwave manager: [OK]
Unloading kernel module: [OK]
Starting Mwave modem
Starting Mwave manager: [FAILED]

Syslog reports

some warning about tainting the kernel as ther's no license-
then
kernel: ttyS01 at port 0x02f8 (IRQ=3) is a 16550A (presume this means that
the serial port is now configured correctly)
mwave: mwave modem, initialising wave manager...OK
mwavem: mwave modem, mwmspcfc::mwmHandleErrorCommon::achFILE=MWMSPCFC.C,
line=5106, ulPrimaryCode=5, ulSecondaryCode=ffffff5d, usSubcode=0
meavem: Mwave - INTERNAL ERROR

Any ideas? The error info on IBM's page seems a little sparse, and only
relates to DSP - which seems to be loading OK.

Feels tantalisingly clost to working, but I'm stumped now!

thanks

-AJL