[ltp] T23 - will recovery cd format the whole disk?

Michael Selway linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 09:25:50 +0100

Nils Smeds writes:
 > I don't know about the T23 recovery CD:s, but previous recovery CD:s has
 > been designed so that the machine will be put back to a "factory setup".
 > This included wiping all partitions on my 600E. What you probably need
 > is a second hard disk that you can "restore" to the original set-up.

As I recall, my 600E recovery disc had 2 options: just rewrite the
ms-windows partition, or set the entire disc to the factory state.

I also seem to remember that the CD behaved differently depending
on whether it was booted or whether some .exe was run from
ms-dos.  I think booting it was less interactive.  It could be
you're not seeing everything the disc can do.

You could try booting ms-dos and lauching some program from the CD
from within ms-dos.

m.