[ltp] VMware sound in Mandrake 8.1 guest on T20

Thu, 7 Mar 2002 16:08:13 +0000

I have been reading through some posts about running either windoze or Linux on
VM on thinkpads.

I've got a (now old) T20 running win2000 (that I hape to keep as host for
business purposes...) with VMware 3.0 installed and running Mandrake 8.1 as
guest.  VMware help states that you can set up sound in your guest using your
host's sound card if this is Sound Blater (16) compatible. I believe the Crystal
SoundFusion (cs46xx or cs461x) is SB compatible but I haven't managed to get any
sound in my virtual machine...

Has anyone tried this succesfully in either of the T series?  I do know that
running Linux as host enables sound (I have tried it before) but I wish it could
be possible through the Virtual Machine.

Any help greatly appreciated.

R Botero