[ltp] notes on A30p

Boris Zentner linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 8 Mar 2002 14:59:04 +0100

Hi Rob,

I have a A30 with a 1400x1050 display.

Am Freitag, 8. März 2002 01:36 hast Du geschrieben:
> I am using XFree86 4.2.0 RPMs from Rawhide on a Redhat 7.2
> system.  (Man, upgrading to those RPMs was a bitch... you have to
> upgrade your kernel, which needs a compat-gcc upgrade, etc...)  Anyway,
> I'm using the "ati" driver.  I have seen a couple of problems which I
> think others have mentioned.  My problems are that sometimes when
> switching between virtual consoles (when starting X or when pressing
> Ctrl-Alt-F#), the screen goes black, or the screen works but flickers.
> I assume that the XFree86 ati driver is at fault.  Anyway, a workaround
> is to press Fn-F3 when the screen acts funny.  This turns off the
> screen.  Then press Fn again (by itself) to turn the screen on.  This
> seems to fix the problem every time.

I never seen this flicker or errors on switching to the console or back to X.
I compiled X myself. Maybe this fix your problems also.

XFree86 Version 4.2.99.1 / X Window System
Release Date: xx January 2002
        If the server is older than 6-12 months, or if your card is
        newer than the above date, look for a newer version before
        reporting problems.  (See http://www.XFree86.Org/)
Build Operating System: Linux 2.4.18-pre7-ac2 i686 [ELF]
Module Loader present

--
cu boris

Entweder ich gehe links vorbei, oder ich gehe rechts vorbei.
  -- Ludwig Kogl