[ltp] usb floppy on TP R30 & boot using lilo floppy

James Holden linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 19 Oct 2002 12:20:06 +0100

It may be that the USB floppy driver doesn't support writing to the
whole device , ie: /dev/sda but just access though partitions.

It makes sense that this drive is showing up as a SCSI device, since my
USB digital camera does, and so does my Zip drive.

If it's using the usb-storage driver, then it's going to show up as a
SCSI block device.

I'd doubt you could boot from a USB floppy drive though, but I might be
wrong.

/dev/hda would be your primary master hard disk. If you're trying to
make a boot floppy, don't write the boot sector to your hard disk's boot
sector, or you might be in for a nasty surprise next time you start your
machine up.

James