[ltp] PCMCIA problem

Thomas Hood linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
26 Oct 2002 21:19:51 +0200

On Sat, 2002-10-26 at 10:28, benjamin.morin@free.fr wrote:
> Then I upgraded to woody and took a 2.4.18 kernel (the one provided with the
> distribution, I did not recompile it), but I can't load the i82365 module
> anymore...

I found that too.

> If I try yenta-socket instead, the module loads fine, then I load ds.o and
> xirc2ps_cs

Good.

> and when I try a ifconfig eth0 192.168.0.3, I get a SIGIO error.

I don't.

Check to make sure that you don't have any resource conflicts.
See the "Resources" section of my page:
   http://panopticon.csustan.edu/thood/tp600lnx.htm
for help.

> I also tried to recompile a 2.4.19-ac4 kernel, but the system could not
> load (pretending / was not ext2)

I've never heard of that problem.  Maybe you should try
stock 2.4.19.

> I also tried to recompile a 2.4.18-ac4
> to get pnpbios with no success for getting the i82365 to load...

yenta_socket should work.  I don't think i82365 works in 2.4.

--
Thomas