[ltp] PCMCIA problem

Sun, 27 Oct 2002 09:44:12 +0100 (MET)

Quoting Thomas Hood <jdthood2@yahoo.co.uk>:

> On Sat, 2002-10-26 at 10:28, benjamin.morin@free.fr wrote:
> > Then I upgraded to woody and took a 2.4.18 kernel (the one provided
> with the
> > distribution, I did not recompile it), but I can't load the i82365
> module
> > anymore...
>
> I found that too.
>
> > If I try yenta-socket instead, the module loads fine, then I load ds.o
> and
> > xirc2ps_cs
>
> Good.
>
> > and when I try a ifconfig eth0 192.168.0.3, I get a SIGIO error.
>
> I don't.
>
> Check to make sure that you don't have any resource conflicts.
> See the "Resources" section of my page:
>    http://panopticon.csustan.edu/thood/tp600lnx.htm
> for help.
>
> > I also tried to recompile a 2.4.19-ac4 kernel, but the system could
> not
> > load (pretending / was not ext2)
>
> I've never heard of that problem.  Maybe you should try
> stock 2.4.19.
>
> > I also tried to recompile a 2.4.18-ac4
> > to get pnpbios with no success for getting the i82365 to load...
>
> yenta_socket should work.  I don't think i82365 works in 2.4.

Well, since then I installed the pcmcia-modules-3.1.33-6k5 package, with
the kernel-image-2.4.18-bf2 and it works fine (with the i82365 module). However,
I still have a little problem : If I start pcmcia (/etc/init.d/pcmcia start)
while the card is plugged, the system hangs. If I start pcmcia without the card
plugged, and then plug it in, then it works. I guess it's a well known problem,
I thought adding "apm=eject" in /etc/pcmcia/apm.opts would solve the problem but
it does not... Any Idea?

Benjamin