[ltp] Ethernet card doesn't work, isn't assigned IRQ (TP 600)

Tony Zito linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 26 Oct 2002 17:48:58 -0400

Hi all, I desperately hope someone can help me. I have a Thinkpad 600, and
a Realtek 8139 Cardbus ethernet card (Edimax EP-4103DL). PCMCIA is working
and the card is identified, but it is not being assigned an IRQ and so
won't work. I've tried both the RTL8139 and the 8139too drivers, and both
make it clear that the card isn't getting an IRQ.

What can I do? output from dmesg, contents of /proc/interrupts or whatever
else might assist available on request.

I have disabled "Quick-boot" in the Easy-Setup BIOS menu but it doesn't
help. Have also tried shuffling the PCI IRQ assignments around with ps2.exe.

any thoughts would be mightily appreciated...

thanks in advance,
t.