[ltp] upgrading dual monitor setup to RH 9.0

brianweber4 at attbi.com brianweber4 at attbi.com
Sun Apr 13 16:53:18 CEST 2003

First: Sorry this is off topic!

Second: Here is a great link to downloading software (including Redhat 9.0!):

http://www.filemirrors.com/tops.src?perpage=50

Third: I have a dual Celeron 600MHZ setup with RedHat 8.0 using dual 21"
monitors on a Radeon VE dual head video card.

To get dual monitors to work, I downloaded a Dell driver for the Radeon VE
card (the dual monitor card is now US $30.00 and Dell is using it now for PIV
systems).

My question is, if I upgrade to RedHat 9.0 would I loose dual monitors?
Fron Dell, the driver does the following:

This RPM performs the following tasks: (1) In
the /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers directory, renames ati_drv.o and
radeon_drv.o to ati_drv.o.orig and radeon_drv.o.orig, respectively. (2) Copies
the updated ati_drv.o and radeon_drv.o modules
to /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers (3) Copies /etc/X11/XF86Config
to /etc/X11/XF86Config.orig (4) Updates /etc/X11/XF86Config to enable cloning
display, adds commented text to enable extended display, and disables DRI (5)
Copies this readme file and a copy of the updated modules to /dell/ati