[ltp] t30 clock resetting on suspend

George Yanos gyanos at uic.edu
Sun Apr 13 22:18:29 CEST 2003

I can't remember all the details, in fact I may never have known all
the details, but I did have a similar problem.  In my case it was
connected to confusion among various parts of linux about whether or
not the hardware clock was running on GMT or local time.  I think the
4hr change is suggestive, since eastern daylight time and GMT are 4
hours apart.

    Ben> Nelson Hogg <nhogg at whoi.edu> writes:
    >> This is a frustration: when I suspend the t30 running Mdk 9.1
    >> and kde 3.1 the clock on the kde panel resets 4hr back (I am in
    >> EDT). This does not happen with Gnome. /sbin/clock gives the
    >> correct time regardless of what kde says the time is. Seems to
    >> be a kde issue - have any of you solved it? thanks, Nelson Hogg

    Ben> If the problem is that the hardware clock and the system clock
    Ben> become unsynchronized, then you could fix this by putting
    Ben>         /sbin/hwclock --hctosys
    Ben> in a script that runs when the system comes out of suspend.  (If
    Ben> your system has hwclock installed as "clock", then you'd want
    Ben> /sbin/clock instead, of course.)
    Ben> --
    Ben> "Ho ho ho. I _so_ enjoy making a fool out of myself."
    Ben> --Linus, on Christmas Day, 2000
    Ben> --

* George Yanos     *                                                *
* UTC at UIC       *                                                *
* 312-413-0059(w)  *                                                *
* 708-848-4221(h)  *                                                *
* gyanos at uic.edu   *                                                *