[ltp] R40, ATI 7500 Mobility and tv out ?

Henning Sauer linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
05 Aug 2003 11:41:52 +0200

Hello,

I would like to get tv out to work on my R40 2722-3GG with a ATI 7500
Mobility graphics chipset. With Windows XP it works, but on my RedHat 9
installation I can't get it to work atitvout
<http://www.stud.uni-hamburg.de/users/lennart/projects/atitvout/>.
When I type "atitvout vbe" I get:

VBE Version: 2.0
VBE OEM Identification: ATI MOBILITY RADEON 7500

when trying "atitvout detect" I get:

CRT is attached.
TV is attached via S-Video.

and when I then try "atitvout pal lt" or "atitvout pal ct" I only get

VBE call failed.
Maybe this command is not supported by your graphics adapter?
Did your parameters (if you specified some) really make sense?
Please try all other available commands before complaining!

Has anybody been able to get tv out to work with Linux on a Thinkpad
with the ATI 7500 Mobility chipset ?

Bye,
Henning

--